Role of North Beach Sub-Branch
The role of North Beach is to serve the interests of its members, veterans, the ex-service community and members of the Australian Defence Force. North Beach assists the RSL execute its role by effectively implementing objectives which are in accord with the League’s Mission Statement.
Who We Are
North Beach RSL Sub Branch was “founded” in 1945 by a group of men who had served their country in time of war and who wanted in time of peace to experience the joy of comradeship and an opportunity to be of help to their former mates and dependants.
Not only did those young men want to provide support for each other, they also wanted to support the community. Today North Beach comprises, ex-service men and women, serving men and women, and affiliate members who carry on that same tradition through activities and events that are managed and administered through the North Beach Executive and Committees.
The North Beach Executive and Committees ensure our goals are achieved and that membership and community support does not falter.
What We Do
North Beach Sub-Branch has had a long history of member and community inclusion and support, and the facilitation of social activities and tours of interest. We do this by undertaking just some of the following activities:
- Walking, Kayaking and Cycling Groups twice weekly, Wednesday and Fridays at Hillarys Marina, followed by coffee. The Kayakers also provide a service by removing debris from the Marina while paddling around.
- Day tours to sites of significance around Perth, such as Rottnest Military History, Fremantle Prison, Submarine Tour, Tour of SAS in Swanbourne.
- Week Tours, such as Merredin and surrounds learning of its Military History, Geraldton and proposals for Tour of Duty to Darwin.
- Supporting local schools at times of Remembrance, such as Anzac Day and Remembrance Day.
- Annual Quiz Night and an Annual Dinner.
- Annual maintenance and support to the Legacy Camp, Busselton.
- Focus on welfare and support of our members by home and hospital visits, and ensuring that they have access to welfare, entitlements and advocacy service they need to support them.
The Sub Branch meet at the North Beach Bowling Club, 7 Kitchener St, North Beach on the second Monday of each month, except January, with meeting commencing at 16:00.
Following the meeting, at approximately 17:15, members can enjoy a meal. Meeting costs is $10, which includes two rounds of drinks, and $5.00 for those choosing to stay for a meal. The Bowling Club operate full bar facilities during our meetings.
Meetings focus on Sub-Branch business, often including invited guest speakers on items of interest to members, as well as most importantly, fellowship and the planning of social activities.