Today’s RSL is very different to what it was many years ago. Today there are veterans from many conflicts, peacekeeping duties and even service during peacetime.North Beach RSL is part of ‘The Returned & Services League of Australia (RSL)’ as a Sub-Branch of the Western Australian State Branch. North Beach Sub-Branch was started in 1945 and the meetings were held at ‘The Jetty Tea Rooms’. The charter was received in September 1945. The Sub-Branch has had many homes over the years and now we are located at the North Beach Bowling Club in Kitchener Road, North Beach. All members of the ADF serving and ex-serving are welcome to attend a meeting.
Our monthly meetings are held on the second Monday of the month (except in January) starting at 16:00 hrs. (4:00 pm). A meal is served after the meeting at a cost of $5.00 and meetings are $10.00 (includes two rounds of drinks)
North Beach Bowling Club, 7 Kitchener St, North Beach, WA 6020
As with each Branch and Sub-Branch, the aims and objects of the League have not changed since 1916. These being:
- To perpetuate the close ties of friendship created by mutual service in the Australian Defence Force or allied forces, to maintain a proper standard of dignity and honour among all past and present serving members of the Defence Force and to set an example of public spirit and noble-hearted endeavour;
- To preserve the memory and records of those who suffered and died for Australia;
- To provide for the sick and wounded and needy among those who have served and their dependents including pensions, medical attention, homes and hospital visiting;
- To inculcate loyalty to the Nation, to guard to good name and preserve the interests and standing of members of the Defence Force; and
- To promote our policy on national questions, particularly:the unity of the Commonwealth of Nations,the Defence of Australia, the maintenance of a sustainable and selective immigration policy, the development of a national Defence infrastructure and Defence industry, and the promotion and proper employment of the nation’s natural resources.